15 May, 2013

Happy Founder's Day!

Today is the day.  The day.  The day six young women (teenagers, in fact) founded the first secret society for women at Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia.   This is the day Alpha Delta Pi (then Aldephean Society) was started and the legacy of this organization began.




During the summer before I came to Jewell I remember looking up all of the sororities on the campus and the dates they were founded because by golly I was going to join the oldest sorority on that campus.  I had unknowingly picked Alpha Delta Pi as my future home but, of course, as the Fall semester began that all faded away, and I became better acquainted with all the Greek women.  Well at the end of the school year I ended up signing a bid from the one and only Alpha Delta Pi and I was also very happy to learn that ADPi was not only the oldest sorority at Jewell but the oldest in the country!  Talk about heritage and legacy!! I look back on this memory with fondness because I always knew deep down inside that I would be joining the First and Finest, Forever.



I am forever grateful to be a member of this organization the opportunities I have been given as a result.  I know I may seem obsessed but this sorority has really made my college experience incredible and changed my life for the better.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...